Gallery

Sunday, 1 January 2017

Soaps, Rosewater Face Mist & Soy Candles

ECO SOYA CANDLES
Eco Soya wax, I ordered 2kg for about £12, which made five candles.  I melted the wax by double boiling and punched a hole into cardboard (with one edge folded, for pouring access) to keep the centred wicks straight. It melts oil-yellow and solidifies white. I used honeycomb-glass votive candle holders which were a box of four sale rack for £4 (Home Sense).
This awesome wax has stopped me purchasing candles (soy candles are £18 in Holland and Barrett!).  White candles are so pretty!  'EcoSoya® soy waxes are manufactured from non-petroleum renewable resources and are produced with consideration and care for the environment. The 100% vegetable waxes in the EcoSoya® range are all Biodegradable and free of Pesticides and Herbicides.'
  • Rose water (I had to purchase this because it's winter)
  • Witch Hazel (alcohol free)
  • Organic Pure Aloe Vera Gel (alcohol free)
  • Vitamin E essential Oil
COCONUT & LIME Soap
  • Argan Oil Soap Base (£6, Stephenson)
  • Coconut Oil.
  • Vitamin E Oil  
  • Coconut Cosmetic FO (100ml, Freshskin)
  • Flower Fairy Moulds, Girl and Boy (UK ebay, up to £10 each - re-use!)
These smell gorgeous! Lime essential oil is my favourite now, it's quite strong so I wonder if that is why the coconut oil rose to the top of these soap moulds in a white layer, I made sure to slow pour. I think the effect is quite pretty anyway.
WINTERGREEN EUCALYPTUS SOAP
  • Stevenson Soap crystal melt and pour, White. No palm oil, not tested on animals.
  • Eucalyptus Essential oil £6.29 / 100ml
  • Wintergreen Essential oil £5.95 / 100ml.
I love that melt and pour is ready within a day, but I would like to avoid the laborious process of cutting solid soap base and just make my own mixes! I am choosing hot process to start making soap 'from scratch' as it has a shorter curing period - 48 hours to one week compared with 6-8 weeks cold process.

No comments:

Post a Comment